- Insulated, reflective material to retain temperature
- Durable non-woven fabric
- Made with recycled and upcycled materials.
-- Premium PrimaLoft insulation: made with 70% post-consumer recycled content (PCR). Every meter we use saves 2.5 plastic bottles from the landfill Click here: to learn more about how PrimaLoft recycles plastic bottles to make insulation
-- Reflective fabric: we work with a factory that uses this reflective fabric to make other products where the fabric is reflective on one side and printed on the other. Fabric meant for the landfill, such as misprinted fabric is turned inside out so misprinting is not shown, or we buy left over end rolls and/or fabric scraps when available instead of sending the unused fabric to a landfill.
- Compressible, folds/stuffs to a very small size
- Freestanding design
Warning: A very hot pot may melt the fabric. Let pot cool below boiling temperature before placing into pouch. The fabric has melting point of 135C/275F. The pouch was designed for boiling water which is 100C/212F.
Small size (SINGLE SERVING):
- Sized to fit quart zip-lock bag.
- Size: 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in)
- Ultra Light Weight: 28g (1oz)
Medium size (FULL meal):
- Big enough to hold 2+ servings commercial dehydrated food, such as Mountain House package.
- DIY meal holds 1quart size bag for main meal, and 2 sandwich sized bags for sides.
- Size: 25cm x 25cm (10in x 10in)
- Ultra Light weight: 43g (1.5oz)
- Big enough to hold 6 cans or bottles of your favorite beverage plus a few small ice packs.
- Roll top creates a carry handle.
- Size: 30cm x 40cm (12in x 16in)
- Usable size: 30cm x 30cm (12in x 12in)
- Folded size: 30cm x 10cm (12in x 4in)
- Ultra Light weight: 65g (2.3oz)
- Add hot water to the meal pouches, then put them into the Insulite pouches to "cook".
Note: many times you may get busy doing other things while your meals are "cooking" in the pouch so you will happy to find the meals are still hot when you are ready to eat
- The insulated pouches make it easier to hold "hot" food pouches.
- Some people roll down the sides of the insulated pouches to make it easier to eat out of the meal pouches.
FREE shipping - order 3 pieces or more from Big Sky
Note: USA, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and UK only; 1/2 price shipping to other areas, except Japan and South Korea.
enter Coupon Code: InsuliteFREEship
FREE returns on all orders
Must have for those that repak meals and count ounces!!!!
Kept me 20 min meal piping hot at 19F - does the job!
Recommend this freezer bag, it is a must item for camping.
I bought another Big Sky insulated food pouch - not necessarily to replace the one I’ve had for many years (though it’s showing its age) but to have a second one handy when I’m off the trail.
It’s a good thing to have in the car when I’ve picked up food or drink that needs to stay hot (or cold) for the drive home. Similarly, I now have one handy for when I’m bringing lunch or a snack somewhere, on or off the trail.
I like the fact that this pouch is so light and rolls up so easily, while doing its temperature-control job so well.
One note: At first, I ordered the small pouch to be my additional one. I decided to keep it, but it is pretty small. It says it’ll one meal, but I think it’d be hard getting it in (and out) of there without spilling something. I think I’ll keep it for coffee in the car.
(Photo shows pouches old - left - and new)
I just received the pouch a few days ago and have not actually used it yet, however it looks very well made and fits a quart bag perfectly. I’m betting it will work very well. If so, I plan on ordering a large pouch too.
Are the dimensions listed for the two sizes of bags inside measurements or exterior?
Insulated pouch dimensions are external dimensions.
Internal dimensions are 0.5cm smaller.
For example: 25cm external dimension so 24.5cm internal dimension.
How many g/m2 of primaloft? Thanks!
60gsm PrimaLoft insulation. PrimaLoft insulation is made with 70% post-consumer recycled content (PCR) so every meter we use saves 2.5 plastic bottles from landfill (attached is PrimaLoft recyled bottles calculator): https://www.primaloft.com/pcr/
Where is this made?
Fabric for Big Sky's insulated pouches is made in USA or Europe, and are responsibly sewn in China
Please explain what "no retail packaging" means.........1 piece, "bulk pack".......I assume this means purchasing one bag from a bulk pack and therefore it arrives without the cardboard Big Sky wrapping?
"bulk pack" means no retail box
Can I take my pot off the flame and put it in this pouch to let the food continue cooking?
The fabric has melting point of 135C/275F. It was designed for boiling water 100C/212F. A very hot pot may melt the fabric. We suggest the pot be cooled below boiling temperature before placing into pouch
If get dirty, can I wash it?
We recommend hand washing, rather than machine washing, using mild soap.