- Perfect for the lightweight backpacker, bike packer, etc. - Double wall construction to prevent condensation inside - Pole clip design for very fast and easy setup and take down - Top vent on vestibule for ventilation - Large no claustrophobic interior with high ceiling - Large front door for easy entry and exit - Interior pocket - Vestibule 0.56 m2 (6.0 ft2); no stakes/pegs required - 215cm (85in) long interior rated for those 185cm (6ft-1in) or less Note: 215cm (85in) interior length minus 185cm (6ft-1in or 73in) for the height of a person allows an extra 15cm (6in) at head and foot ends for sleeping bag loft - Highest quality components - World class quality - Ready to go out of the box; seam sealed where necessary at the factory
- Bike Packing version: same great tent with different (shorter folding) poles -- weight: 1.071kg (2lb 5.8oz) for SuprSil™-UL fabric fly, Mesh Netting inner, PU coated and seam taped nylon floor, and Light Weight aluminum poles that fold to 30cm (12in) (rev. B)
- Ultra Light version: -- weight: 1.012kg (2lb 3.7oz) for SuprSil™-UL fabric fly, Mesh Netting inner, PU coated and seam taped nylon floor, and Ultra Light weight DAC NFL aluminum poles that fold to 43cm (17in) (rev. B)
- Super Ultra Light version: -- weight: 632g (1lb 6.3oz) for Dyneema (DCF) fabric fly and floor with Mesh Netting interior with YKK #3 zippers, and Super Ultra Light DuraLite™ composite poles (rev. A)
Price includes: tent fly, inner, poles, and tent bag
- BikePacking version: 15cm DIA x 30cm long (6in DIA x 12in long)
- Ultra Light version: 12cm DIA x 43cm long (5in DIA x 18in long)
My solo sanctuary for backpacking, bikepacking, and travel
My Soul 1P has been with me on many adventures over the past few years. I originally chose it because I needed something to serve as both a mosquito net in a malarial environment and also as a shelter for wilderness backpacking. It turned out to be perfect for that, and many other things too. Since then it's been bike touring in Patagonia, traveling in West Africa, backpacking in the Sierra Nevada mountains, bikepacking across the entire US, and more. At the end of a long day on the road or trail, I always enjoy setting it up and crawling inside. It's very roomy, extremely quick to set up, and has kept me dry through some nasty storms.
I especially love that the Soul is completely freestanding, even the vestibule, which is unusual among lightweight tents. It's less of an issue when hiking, but when bike touring or traveling I sometimes need to pitch in a parking lot, on a porch, or even inside a building - places where stakes aren't going to work. I also like that the interior is completely mesh, which is great for ventilation when it's hot out, while the rain fly provides great weather protection. It's a really flexible system.
Despite heavy use, it's held up well and been very reliable. The zipper has needed some upkeep over the years to keep it running smoothly, and the elastic cord in the poles eventually became stretched. I recently replaced the poles with the new shorter bikepacking length, which I love - it fits nicely on the handlebars of my drop bar mountain bike.
If anyone would like to know more or see pictures of my Soul 1P in the wild, I have a more detailed review at https://exploringwild.com/big-sky-soul-1p-tent-review/
Thanks Big Sky for making this fantastic and very versatile lightweight tent! I recommend it often to people I meet on the road and trail.
Tente ultra légère, ultra compactable et spacieuse. Je fais 1,8 m et m'y sens à l'aise pour dormir et m'asseoir. La tente est autoportante donc facile à installer avec peu d'emprise au sol. Le ciel étoilé est un concept merveilleux et unique. Bravo pour cette belle réalisation qui reste à un prix très abordable . Merci
I'm 6'1" and typically get long versions of sleep bags/pads that are 196cm in length. I understand this is longer than the recommended length for your 1p Soul tent, but would there still be enough space to accommodate this size?
We rate Big Sky's Soul 1P tent for those up to 6ft 1in so you should be OK... we suggest you set up the tent in your house so it stays new to check out the size, etc. If you find it was not what you expected, you can return it for full refund, including shipping cost.
Qyel est Le taux l'imperméabilité de la toile et du sol ?
What are the differences, advantages and disadvantages of the bike packing version 30CM (12IN) folding pole and the ultralight version 43CM folding pole?
Both Ultra Light and Bikepacking pole options are aluminum... strength is similar. - Ultra Light poles: lighter weight, folding length 36cm, and more expensive - Bikepacking poles: shorter folding length (30cm), weight is a little more than Ultra Light poles, and less expensive
Google translation: Google翻訳： 超軽量とバイクパッキングポールのオプションはどちらもアルミニウムです...強度は似ています。 超軽量ポール：軽量、折りたたみ長さ36cm、より高価 バイクパッキングポール：折り畳み長さが短く（30cm）、重量が超軽量ポールより少し大きく、安価です
Can this tent stand on its own without stakes?
Yes, the Soul tent series can stand on its own with stakes... that said, there are two (2) stake/peg loops (one on each side) that help hold the outer away from the inner, and angles the sides creating a more aerodynamic shape so it is easier for the wind to pass over the tent.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …