Perfect for those 185cm (6ft) or less that want
a roomy tent that is strong, quick to setup, and light weight
- Double wall construction to prevent condensation inside
- Pole clip design for very fast and easy setup and take down
- Interior buckles to outer shell for one piece setup/take down
- Two top vents on vestibules for cross ventilation
- Large no claustrophobic interior with high ceiling
- Large side doors for easy entry and exit
- 2 interior options:
-- Mesh Netting interior for extra ventilation
-- Breathable Fabric interior for more warmth and to keep spindrift and sand from blowing in
Note: Breathable Fabric interior has mesh netting window on each door with zippered flap
- Four interior pockets
- Two large vestibules; each with a zippered door
- outer fabric: SuprSilTM-UL nylon 15D rip-stop fabric that is coated both sides with silicone for extra strength, 2000mm hydrostatic water rated
- inner fabric: No-See-Um mesh netting to keep even tiny bugs out, but allow good ventilation
- floor fabric: silicone/PU coated nylon 15D rip-stop fabric non-slip and seam-taped, 3000mm hydrostatic water rated
- poles: ultra light DAC NSF 8.7mm, 36cm (14.2in) folding length
- Highest quality components, such as YKK zippers
- World class quality
- Ready to go out of the box; seam sealed where necessary at the factory
-- 1.220kg (2lb 11.0oz = 43.0oz) for SuprSilTM-UL fabric outer, Mesh Netting inner, non-slip, seam taped floor, and ultra light DAC NFL 8.7mm Aluminum poles (rev. A-1)
-- 1.406kg (3lb 1.6oz = 49.6oz) for SuprSilTM-UL fabric outer, Mesh Netting inner, non-slip, seam taped floor, and light weight bikepacking 7.9mm, 30cm/12in folding length Aluminum poles (rev. A-1)
-- 1.288kg (2lb 13.4oz = 45.4oz) for SuprSilTM-UL fabric outer, Breathable Fabric inner, non-slip, seam taped floor, and ultra light DAC NFL 8.7mm Aluminum poles (rev. A-1)
- Size: 213cm (84in) long interior rated for those 183cm (6ft-0in) or less
(213cm (84in) interior length minus 183cm (6ft-0in or 72in) for the height of a person allows an extra 15cm (6in) at head and foot ends for sleeping bag loft.)
- Click to download instruction manual
FREE returns on all orders
The exterior poles and one peice set up should really be the new standard for all manufacturers. The tent is fast, light, sturdy, waterproof and roomy. Very worth the money.
The size is just right.
It's a good tent.
I bought this to replace or compliment my smaller Hilleberg Enan when I want a freestanding option and more space and I have now used it for 5 nights at my latest hike in the northern parts of Sweden where it coped with the wind and rain like a champ.
We had rain every night and also a bit stronger gusts of wind, no problem what so ever for the Revolution 1,5p.
The space inside, for that small footprint. is also very good and for me who is 180 cm there is no problem with the little bit shorter inner.
Regarding condensation... NO condensation what so ever so a great job there Big Sky and for a full review and first look before my trip...follow the links below to my YouTube page.
Thanks Big Sky for a great product.
If I get the chance, I will buy other products.
BIKEPACKING VERSION 30CM/12IN FOLDING LENGTH ULTRA LIGHT VERSION DAC NFL What is the difference between these two types of poles?
Both Ultra Light and Bikepacking pole options are aluminum... strength is similar.
Ultra Light poles: lighter weight, folding length 36cm, and more expensive
Bikepacking poles: shorter folding length (30cm), weight is a little more than Ultra Light poles, and less expensive
Is this tent available in any other colours, or do you plan to make it available in other colours?
maybe in the future.
Is it possible to set up the inner tent separately?
No, if you want to set up inner without outer/fly, we suggest considering Big Sky's Evolution tent series.
Note: Big Sky's Revolution tent series works great if you want to set up outer without inner.
What are the differences when compared to Big Sky's Glacier 1.5P tent?
Big Sky's Revolution 1.5P tent vs. Big Sky's Glacier 1.5P tent:
- Interior size (Revolution 1.5P and Glacier 1.5P inners are interchangeable)
- Revolution 1.5P tent is 3-Seasons rated vs. Glacier 1.5P tent is 4-Seasons rated
- Revolution 1.5P inner is Mesh Netting vs. Glacier 1.5P inner is Breathable fabric
- Revolution 1.5P poles are lighter weight vs. Glacier 1.5P poles are stronger
- Revolution 1.5P outer has 2 vestibules vs. Glacier 1.5P outer has NO vestibules
- Revolution 1.5P tent is lighter weight: 1.22kg/43.0oz vs Glacier 1.5P tent weight: 1.36kg/47.9oz
The Tent including the guy lines and stakes or not?
Stakes/pegs and guy lines are available options. You do not have to purchase them if you do not need them.
Do you make this tent with a DCF (outer) option?
Do you make this tent with a DCF (outer) option?
> The plan is to have DCF (Cuban fabric) outer option available next year for the Revolution 1.5P tent.
Thank you for your interest,
Big Sky International
Is this a free standing tent?
yes, although most people stake/peg the vestibules.